You know what they say… you can’t love someone else if you don’t love yourself first. In honor of Valentine’s Day, here’s a delicious way to treat yourself to some love: Artful Desperado’s Berry Maca Chocolata Smoothie!
What’s maca? It’s an ancient Peruvian root and it’s packed with vitamins and minerals. Some believe it also has libido- and stamina-boosting properties, making it extra appropriate for this day of love.
If you do decide to share this lovely smoothie with someone special, may we suggest pouring it into a big glass with two straws?
Berry Maca Chocolata Smoothie Recipe
- 1 large frozen banana, sliced
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp maca
- 1 cup almond milk (more if you like a thinner smoothie)
- 1/3 cup frozen cherries
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- A few slices of strawberries to line the glass
- Chocolate shavings (optional)
- Begin with the chocolate layer: Add the cocoa, 1/2 the banana, maca, cinnamon, and 1/2 the almond milk. Purée until smooth, adding more milk if needed.
- Line your cup with the strawberries and gently pour in the chocolate smoothie.
- Give the blender a rinse and then add the remaining banana, almond milk, cherries, and vanilla. Purée until smooth. Layer on top of chocolate layer. Garnish with chocolate shavings if desired.
What are you eating (or drinking) this Valentine’s Day? Share in the comments below. Plus, don’t forget sign-up for Luvo’s newsletter for more nutritious recipes and exclusive giveaways.