Think smoothies are just for summertime? Think again! These smoothie recipes feature immune-boosting citrus fruits, just in time for cold and flu season. Savor the flavors of tangy citrus while getting a glass (or bowl) full of vitamin C and antioxidants. Here are 11 of my favorite citrus smoothies right now:
Spiced Orange and Coconut Smoothie (1 serving)
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 banana
- ¼ cup coconut chips (or even better, fresh coconut flesh if you have any)
- 2 cardamom pods (smash the pods, use only the seeds)
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 small piece of fresh ginger
- ¼ tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- Splash of milk (can be dairy free or any milk of your liking)
- 1 or 3 tbsp maple syrup for sweetness (optional, we didn’t add any to ours)
- 1 handful of ice
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. You may need to stop and stir the contents in between just to make sure the ice is well incorporated.
- Serve with a cinnamon stick and a sprinkle of coconut flakes
Here are a few you
- Orange Creamsicle Smoothie from Jenna Gorham RD. This smoothie is packed with vitamin C. Oranges provide the citrus flavor while sweet potato ups the vitamin C content and adds a serving of veggies.
- Grapefruit Green Smoothie from Dietitian Debbie Dishes. Featuring grapefruit, this fiber is packed with fiber and Vitamins A and C which support healthy, glowing skin and hair.
- Orange Mango Ginger Smoothie from Jenna Braddock RDN. This smoothie contains both fruits and vegetables along with inflammation fighting ginger and turmeric.
- Orange Matcha Smoothie from Kiss in the Kitchen. Combine matcha green tea and mandarin orange for a flavorful smoothie that is packed with nutrients.
- Gorgeous Green Smoothie Bowl from Liz’s Healthy Table. This pretty green smoothie bowl uses 100% orange juice to give it a naturally sweet base without adding any sugar.
- Orange Ginger Green Tea Smoothie from Nourishing Plate. Soothing ginger and green tea get a boost from orange juice in this healthy smoothie.
- Cranberry Orange Fruit Smoothie from Healthy Ideas Place. Cranberries are paired with a sweet, juicy orange and Greek yogurt to make a refreshing smoothie with just four ingredients.
- Citrus Protein Smoothie from Kroll’s Corner. Featuring both grapefruit and orange, this smoothie is packed with citrus goodness and plenty of protein to keep you full and satiated.
- Orange Creamy Coconut Smoothie Bowl from Amy Gorin Nutrition. This vegan smoothie features mandarin oranges in one creamy, coconut-y bowl.
- Tangerine Lime Green Smoothie from The Nutrition Adventure. Tangerines and limes give this smoothie a double dose of citrus and vitamin C.
What is your favorite citrus fruit? Share your favs in the comments section below!
Did you enjoy this post? Stay in the know with more nutrition tips, and exclusive promo offers — join our newsletter.