There’s nothing like a tasty taco bowl, but sometimes it’s too easy to pile on the calories and fat if you’re not paying attention. This Luvo hack features all the fabulous flavors of a taco bowl with a healthy spin. I’ve combined Luvo’s Chicken Chorizo Chili with crispy romaine lettuce, tangy yogurt sauce, green onions, cilantro… and don’t forget the tortilla chips for dipping!
Ingredients (Makes one meal)
- 1 whole wheat tortilla, cut in to 8 wedges
- Olive oil for brushing
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Luvo Chicken Chorizo Bowl (buy online here)
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- 1 tbsp green onions
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Make tortilla chips: Place tortilla wedges on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil, brush with olive oil and bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Combine yogurt, cumin and garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat Luvo meal according to package instructions.
- Place romaine lettuce in a bowl, add chilli, drizzle with yogurt sauce, top with cilantro and green onion and serve with tortilla chips. Enjoy!
Try this hearty recipe and let us know what you think! Share your add-ons and substitutions in the comments section below. Be sure to download Luvo’s 7-day meal and fitness plan for more nutrition tips and recipes.