You already know how we feel about messy foods; in many cases, the sloppier they get, the more delightful they are to eat. This Luvo Hack is no exception. Our resident hack-ologist The Artful Desperado teamed up with Luvo super fan Noelle Roller for this creative take on our Chicken Chorizo Chilli entrée. They turned it into a deliciously messy sandwich with a tangy coleslaw topping. It’s the perfect combination of warm comfort food for the new season that holds onto a bit of that summer brightness. Buckle up your bib and dig in!
- 1 Luvo Chicken Chorizo Chili entrée
- 1 whole wheat bun
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp BBQ sauce
- ¼ cup coleslaw (use a pre-packaged coleslaw to save time)
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the Chicken Chorizo Chili according to package directions (note: if there is liquid left in the bowl, drain it before topping the sandwich to prevent a soggy bun).
2. Toast the bun in the oven (optional but recommended)
3. Mix the mayonnaise and BBQ sauce until combined.
4. Mix the coleslaw and extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
5. To assemble: spread the BBQ mayo on the top and bottom of the bun, add a generous scoop of chilli, then top with coleslaw and season with salt and pepper.
If you want to REALLY take this sandwich to the next level, add some shredded cheddar cheese and thin slices of avocado. Enjoy!
Try this Luvo Hack and let us know what you think in the comments below. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter, for more nutritious recipes and exclusive giveaways!