Have only 10 minutes to whip up dinner, but want the illusion of an elaborate dinner? Jazz up Luvo’s Plant Power Hawaiian Un-Fried Rice Bowl by adding a few simple ingredients to create completely new meals.
Artful Desperado‘s Plant-Based Sriracha Un-fried Rice Veggie RollsSee more photos of this recipe on our Pinterest page
- 1 Luvo Hawaiian Un-fried Rice bowl
- 1 Pack rice wrappers
- Fresh Thai basil
- Fresh crunchy veggies thinly sliced – we used daikon radish, watermelon radish, carrots, and cabbage
- Fresh cilantro
- Sriracha sauce
- Soy sauce for dipping
- First warm up some water and place it in a deep bowl, this will be used to soften the rice wrappers.
- Cook the Luvo meal
- Soak each rice wrapper in warm water until soft and pliable, carefully place it on a plate, add Luvo rice, veggies and herbs, and some sriracha sauce, wrap them up and repeat until you finish the bowl.
- Serve topped with additional fresh veggies, some soy sauce for dipping and extra hot sauce.
Looking for a little more inspiration? Try one of these dietitian-approved recipes:
Serve it in style
Make it Instagram ready with a fancy dinner presentation by serving your Hawaiian Un-Fried Rice in a hallowed out pineapple half. Stir the extra pineapple pieces into the rice mixture and serve with shrimp on top.
Did you know? The top of a pineapple, after cleaning and drying, can be planted in soil and a new plant will grow.
Reserve some of the Hawaiian style rice as a binder (in place of breadcrumb) for meatballs to serve over the plant-powered bowl. Pork is known to pair well with pineapple, so consider ground pork for the meatballs for a balance of flavor.
Wrap it up
Did you know you can swap out sour cream for plain Greek yogurt? They have a similar texture and tangy taste. Plus, the Greek yogurt adds an extra little boost of protein.
Fry it up
Instead of a potato pancake, crisp up a Hawaiian rice pancake. Egg and a little flour (or flour alternative) will need to be added as a binding agent. Form into patties and add to a non-stick skillet over medium high heat coated with cooking spray. Brown both sides until desired doneness. Serve over a bed of greens.
Use as a side
Bored of plain rice as a side dish? Jazz it up by utilizing Luvo’s Hawaiian Un-fried Rice as a side dish. Serve it alongside a piece of salmon, or protein of your choice.
Which version are you going to try first? Share your favorite (or your own recipe) in the comments section!
Did you enjoy this post? Stay in the know with more nutrition tips, and exclusive promo offers — join our newsletter.