Have only 10 minutes to whip up dinner, but want the illusion of an elaborate dinner? Jazz up Luvo’s Plant Power Hawaiian Un-Fried Rice Bowl by adding a few simple ingredients to create completely new meals.
Artful Desperado‘s Plant-Based Sriracha Un-fried Rice Veggie RollsSee more photos of this recipe on our Pinterest page
- 1 Luvo Hawaiian Un-fried Rice bowl
- 1 Pack rice wrappers
- Fresh Thai basil
- Fresh crunchy veggies thinly sliced – we used daikon radish, watermelon radish, carrots, and cabbage
- Fresh cilantro
- Sriracha sauce
- Soy sauce for dipping
- First warm up some water and place it in a deep bowl, this will be used to soften the rice wrappers.
- Cook the Luvo meal
- Soak each rice wrapper in warm water until soft and pliable, carefully place it on a plate, add Luvo rice, veggies and herbs, and some sriracha sauce, wrap them up and repeat until you finish the bowl.
- Serve topped with additional fresh veggies, some soy sauce for dipping and extra hot sauce.
Looking for a little more inspiration? Try one of these dietitian-approved recipes:
Serve it in style
Make it Instagram ready with a fancy dinner presentation by serving your Hawaiian Un-Fried Rice in a hallowed out pineapple half. Stir the extra pineapple pieces into the rice mixture and serve with shrimp on top.
Did you know? The top of a pineapple, after cleaning and drying, can be planted in soil and a new plant will grow.
Reserve some of the Hawaiian style rice as a binder (in place of breadcrumb) for meatballs to serve over the plant-powered bowl. Pork is known to pair well with pineapple, so consider ground pork for the meatballs for a balance of flavor.
Wrap it up
Did you know you can swap out sour cream for plain Greek yogurt? They have a similar texture and tangy taste. Plus, the Greek yogurt adds an extra little boost of protein.
Fry it up
Instead of a potato pancake, crisp up a Hawaiian rice pancake. Egg and a little flour (or flour alternative) will need to be added as a binding agent. Form into patties and add to a non-stick skillet over medium high heat coated with cooking spray. Brown both sides until desired doneness. Serve over a bed of greens.
Use as a side
Bored of plain rice as a side dish? Jazz it up by utilizing Luvo’s Hawaiian Un-fried Rice as a side dish. Serve it alongside a piece of salmon, or protein of your choice.
Which version are you going to try first? Share your favorite (or your own recipe) in the comments section!