Awards season is upon us and there’s no better excuse to indulge in celebrity glamor and Hollywood-worthy appetizers than Oscar night. If you’re planning an Oscar party, look no further than these simple appetizers. These bite sized hors d’oeuvres taste so decadent, you’d never know they were healthy. So round up some friends, get your ballot ready, and serve up some of these Oscar-worthy apps.
- Butternut Squash and Sage Crostini by Kara Lydon of The Foodie Dietitian. Crostini is a simple app that looks so pretty, it’s a no-brainer for Oscar night.
- Parmesan Pepper Crisps by Judy Barbe of Live Best. Serve this crunchy cheese crisps on their own or with your favorite dip.
- Roasted Balsamic Strawberry Toasts with Mozzarella by Chrisy Wilson of Christy Wilson Nutrition. Fresh strawberries are tossed with balsamic and honey, oven-roasted, and served with melted mozzarella cheese over toasted crusty bread.
- Greek Veggie Balls with Lemon Tahini Sauce by Sharon Palmer of The Plant Powered Dietitian. These vegetarian meatballs use black-eyed peas in place of meat, paired with Mediterranean flavors like sun-dried tomatoes, dates and herbs.
- Blue Cheese Stuffed Dates in Prosciutto by Lindsey Pine of Tasty Balance Nutrition. Anything wrapped in prosciutto is a winner in my book. Plus blue cheese? Sold.
- Cauliflower Poppers with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce by Natalie Rizzo of Nutrition a la Natalie. These yummy bites are low in calories but high in fiber, which will help fill you up.
- Mushroom Ricotta Crostini by Kaleigh McMordie of Lively Table. Make these elegant crostini for an easy and delicious addition to your Oscar appetizer spread.
- Spicy Chocolate Cherry Snack Bites by Shannon Garcia of Kiss in the Kitchen. Chocolate + cherries + wine? Doesn’t get any better than these sweet bites.
- Wild Blueberry & Pistachio No-Bake Brie by Amy Gorin of Amy Gorin Nutrition. This simple recipe comes together in just two minutes. Pair with whole grain crackers or veggie crudite.
- Caprese Bites with Balsamic Drizzle by Marie Dittmer of Healthy Ideas Place. The classic caprese salad is turned into a fun appetizer with these tomato and cheese bites.
- Roasted Grape and Goat Cheese Bruschetta by Amy Getman of Happy Healthy RD. If you haven’t tried roasting grapes, you’re missing out. Paired with tangy goat cheese, this bruschetta is the perfect sweet and savory app.
- Cashew Cream Stuffed Figs by Tracee Yablon Brenner of Triad to Wellness. This creamy stuffed figs are gluten-free and dairy-free.
- Sesame Edamame Hummus by Marisa Moore of Marisa Moore Nutrition. An update on traditional hummus, this version is made with edamame and sesame seeds. Serve with cut-up carrots, red peppers and cucumbers.
- Cauliflower Hummus Bites by Dixya Bhattarai of Food Pleasure & Health. Serve this spicy hummus bites with your favorite dip.
- Guacamole Shrimp Wonton Cups by Julie Harrington of RDelicious Kitchen. Crispy wonton cups make everything look fancier. This recipe layers guacamole, mango salsa, and shrimp for a crowd-pleasing app.
Share your favorite Oscar recipes and any substitutions you may have made in the comments below.
Did you enjoy this post? Stay in the know with more nutrition tips, and exclusive promo offers — join our newsletter.