It’s everyone’s favourite holiday: National Guacamole Day! Since we already stunned the world with our tasty Guac-KALE-mole recipe last year (did you try it yet? Do it!), we thought we’d switch it up this year with a recipe for our favorite sour cream substitute:
- 2 ripe avocados
- ½ cup cashews, soaked in hot water for 1 hour
- 1 serrano pepper
- 1 lime, juiced
- Handful of parsley
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Drain the cashews and pat them dry.
- Place cashews and all other ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper and pulse a few times. Adjust seasoning to taste and serve.
- Drizzle it over your favourite Luvo Planted bowl
- Use it as a salad dressing on any of these delicious recipes
- Add the perfect final touch to your bright and nutritious macro bowl
- And of course you can use it in place of guacamole as a smooth (and just as filling) tortilla/veggie dip option
What’s your favorite way to transform avocados? Share it in the comment section along with any substitutions you made for this recipe.
Did you enjoy this post? Stay in the know with more nutrition tips, and exclusive promo offers — join our newsletter.