The freshest of the fresh, this salad is a light, quick and crunchy Mexican staple meant to keep you cool and hydrated during summer months. Pair this with your our Orange Mango Chicken or the Chicken Enchiladas) or bring it to your next potluck beach party. It’s easy to pack, ready to serve and leftover ingredients can double as cocktail garnishes.
- 2 cups jicama, peeled, cut in batons (thick French-fry shape)
- 1 cup cucumber, seeds removed, cut in batons
- Handful of mint and basil, chopped
- Juice of 3 limes, plus zest
- Pinch of ground cayenne
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Place jicama and cucumber batons in a short glass
- Combine the lime juice, cayenne, and salt and whisk for a few seconds, pour a bit of the mix over the cucumber and cayenne (about 1 tablespoon)
- Top with chopped mint and basil. Serves 4
Make sure to serve with some toothpicks or napkins to make it easier for your guests to enjoy, and hey, pair it with your favorite craft beer or cocktail.
Did you enjoy this post? Stay in the know with more nutrition tips, and exclusive promo offers — join our newsletter.