Everything’s better when you add cheese! That’s exactly the case with this Luvo picnic hack. Our pal Artful Desperado amped up our already-tasty Chicken Chile Verde meal by turning it into quesadillas… the perfect hand-held food for your next outdoor meal.
Chicken Chile Verde Quesadillas
- 2 Luvo Chicken Chile Verde frozen meals
- 1 small can of enchilada verde sauce (or salsa of your choice)
- 1 cup shredded manchego or white cheddar cheese
- Canola oil
- Cook Luvo meals according to package instructions, then slice the cooked chicken thinly and set aside.
- To make quesadillas: spread about 1 tsp of polenta from the Luvo meal onto a tortilla, layer with some beans and a few slices of chicken, then top with shredded cheese and another tortilla.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a pan over medium heat. Place quesadilla in the pan, lower heat and cook for about 3 minutes on each side, until the tortilla is crispy and the cheese is melted.
- Serve quesadillas with extra enchilada sauce on top. Pack for your next picnic and serve cold or warm in the sun or near a bonfire (preferably made by a guy in a plaid shirt).
Try this picnic hack and share your thoughts in the comments.
Did you enjoy this post? Stay in the know with more nutrition tips, and exclusive promo offers — join our newsletter.