There’s nothing like a tasty salad to celebrate the summer. Check out this recipe for a delicious So-Cal salad to enjoy on your next picnic. And while we’re at it, here’s a recap of our favorite ideas to make your next picnic a memorable one. From games to garnishes, this is everything you need to know to enjoy some premium lawn when the sun’s out.
Need a bit of adult refreshment? Look no further than these three picnic cocktail recipes, featuring fresh twists on familiar summer flavors, including watermelon, orange and summer berries. They’ll make the sun shine even brighter.
The best picnics have games we don’t get to play at any other time. Try one of these easy to play pack-and-go picnic games to make your next event even more fun. From bocce to croquet, these are fun competitions and events that players of any age will enjoy.
Looking for a change of picnic scenery? If you’ve already hit all the same sports in your neighborhood, you’ll love these ideas for fresh places to take your food and fun and family to make the most of the exceptional picnicking weather.
Artful Desperado‘s Cleansing So-Cal Summer Bowl
And if you want a flavorful salad that’s the perfect complement for a sunny summer picnic, we’ve got you covered with this mix of herbs and greens to help you detoxify and boost your gut.
For more photos, visit our Pinterest page.
- 1 Luvo So Cal Kale and Beans bowl
- Mixed greens (we used baby kale, fresh sorrel, and parsley)
- Fresh mint and oregano
- ¼ cup pickled cabbage (you can use any premade brand you like, you could also sub for kimchi if you like spice)
- ½ avocado, sliced
- Edible flowers to garnish (we used calendula for a nice bitter kick)
- Olive oil, lime juice, and sea salt to season
- Cook the Luvo bowl according to package instructions, set aside to cool
- In a bowl add as many greens, mint, and oregano as you like. Go big or go home!
- Add the cooked Luvo bowls
- Top with avocado, pickled cabbage, and a generous drizzle of olive oil and a squirt of lime juice. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with edible flowers.
- Stir the bowl just before eating so the dressing in the So Cal Kale and Beans bowl coats the greens too.
What are your go-to picnic recipes? Share yours in the comments section below.