Why make a cocktail in a can, you ask? Why not?! Sophisticated sparkling beverages in a can are all the rage right now, so we thought we’d elevate them even further. These canned cocktails are delightfully unexpected, undoubtedly delicious and surprisingly easy to make (plus you don’t need any fancy glassware to serve them!).
Sparkling Watermelon Mezcal Canned Cocktails (makes 4)
- 4 cans sparkling watermelon juice (or other sparkling fruity drink of your choice… grapefruit is also nice)
- Ancho Reyes liqueur (if you can’t find it, soak 1 ancho chile in ½ cup of tequila for 2 hours)
- Sea salt
- Mint, edible flowers, and small watermelon slices for garnish
- Open the cans and remove some of the liquid to make room for other ingredients (drink it or save it for later).
- In each can, add: 2 tsp Ancho Reyes liqueur (or the spicy tequila substitution), 1 tbsp mezcal, and about 2 tsp fresh lemon juice.
- Garnish with edible flowers, mint, and watermelon, and add a little salt on the rim of the can.
- Pro tip: serve this drink very cold for best results! If they get warm while you’re making them, pop them in the fridge for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Impress your fancy friends with these unexpectedly fancy canned cocktails and let us know what you think! Share your thoughts and substitutions in the comments section below.
Did you enjoy this post? Stay in the know with more nutrition tips, and exclusive promo offers — join our newsletter.