Looking for simple ways to support good gut health? Adding fermented veggies to your diet is an easy way to introduce probiotics into your everyday eating. In this Luvo Hack, we’re adding sauerkraut and pickled carrots to our So Cal Kale & Bean Bowl. In just a few steps, our SoCal-style bowl gets a spicy Middle Eastern twist, plus a boost of protein from falafels.
Visit our Pinterest Page for more photos
Did you enjoy this post? Stay in the know with more nutrition tips, and exclusive promo offers — join our newsletter.
1 Luvo So Cal Kale & Bean bowl
2-3 falafels (you can make them from scratch, or to save time, find them pre-made at your local grocer)
¼ cup hummus
1 tsp miso paste
1 tsp chili oil
¼ cup pickled/fermented veggies (we used a mix of sauerkraut and pickled carrots)
1 handful greens of your choice (we used baby kale)
Freshly squeezed lemon juice and sea salt to taste
- Prepare your Luvo So Cal Kale & Bean bowl
- Grab a serving bowl and plate the Luvo entree. Make sure to leave space for the other ingredients.
- Mix the hummus, miso paste, and chili oil together. Place it on the bowl next to the So Cal Kale & Bean mixture.
- Add the pickled veggies and greens on the remaining space.
- Squeeze the lemon on top of the bowl and sprinkle a little bit of sea salt. Serve and dig in!
Optional: serve with extra side of hot sauce if you want an extra punch of spice.
Give this hack a try and let us know what you think in the comments. Interested in more delicious hacks and recipe ideas? Subscribe to our newsletter.