A crunchy salad that requires very little heat to cook (so you don’t melt in your kitchen). Eat it by itself with your favorite veggie protein or pair it up with our vegan Mighty Masala & Greens or So Cal Kale & Bean bowls.
- 1 lb summer squash or zucchini
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ cup almonds slivers
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- Rock sea salt and pepper to taste
- Place the almonds in a pan over medium-low heat and toss for 3-4 minutes to toast them. Remove from heat and set aside. In the same pan, place the julienne*’d zucchini or squash and toss over medium heat for 4 minutes, don’t cook completely as you want them to be a bit crunchy.
- In a bowl place the sautéed squash or zucchini, the toasted almonds, and the rest of the ingredients. Toss to combine and sprinkle an extra touch of rock sea salt on top.
*You can use a julienne peeler or mandoline to get the perfect julienne!
Share your modifications and substitutions in the comment section below!
Did you enjoy this post? Stay in the know with more nutrition tips, and exclusive promo offers — join our newsletter.