There is nothing better than digging into a cool, crisp, homemade salad on warm summers night. Let cooking be part of an adventure starting with a family outing to a strawberry field, a wander through a local farmer’s market for your favorite salad fixings and a selection of your favorite nuts (roasted by you, of course).
Simple Strawberry Spinach Salad
- 3-4 cups of your favorite greens (kale, romaine or arugula)
- 1 cup of spinach
- ½ cup of Feta Cheese
- 1 pint of hulled Strawberries
- ¼ cup of sliced almonds and/or
- ¼ cup roasted sunflower or pumpkin seeds (optional)
- ¼ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ cup finely chopped shallots
- ¾ cup Olive oil
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- Mix vinegar, shallots, salt and pepper. Whisk in olive oil and drizzle over greens. Sprinkle crunchy seeds and nuts over salad just before serving.
- Mix greens, spinach in large salad bowl
- Top with chopped strawberries
- Crumble feta on top
Let us know what you think in the comments below.
Did you enjoy this post? Stay in the know with more nutrition tips, and exclusive promo offers — join our newsletter.