A mojito is a classic rum cocktail that sunny summer patios were made for. There’s something so refreshing about the muddled mint and lime on a sweltering day. Many variations of this adult beverage have been created, but perhaps none quite like the kind that has emerged from the genius mind of The Artful Desperado. Try this recipe and be prepared to stock up on mint because you’re gonna want to make more.
- 1 handful of fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons of raw cane sugar
- 1 shot of spiced rum
- ½ cup of freshly squeezed mandarin orange juice (tangerine or pomelo juice work too)
- 1 drop of natural almond extract (or 1 tablespoon of amaretto liqueur)
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- Blackberries, mandarin peels, and mint for garnish
- Place the mint in a glass with the sugar. Muddle together until a paste forms.
- Add the rum and swirl to dissolve the sugar.
- Add the ice to the glass, then pour in the mandarin orange juice, almond extract and lime. Use a spoon to gently swirl a few times to combine.
- Garnish with berries, peels and mint leaves and enjoy! Makes 1
You can skip the almond extract if you want the cocktail to be more citrusy and less tropical. Either way, it will taste awesome!
Try it and let us know what you think! Share your thoughts in the comments.
Did you enjoy this post? Stay in the know with more nutrition tips, and exclusive promo offers — join our newsletter.