File this under: Why didn’t we think of this before?! We can all agree Thanksgiving dinner is one of life’s greatest joys… it’s a meal entirely consisting of delicious comfort food that you get to share with friends and family. And the leftovers are even better.
Move over turkey sandwiches. It’s time to get even more creative with leftovers. That’s what The Artful Desperado did with this recipe – which is no doubt going down as one of the most magical American Thanksgiving inventions ever created. \
And without further ado… we give you: Stuffing Waffles!
Visit our Pinterest Page for more photos
3 large eggs
1 cup chicken (or veggie) stock
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
3 cups leftover stuffing
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat your waffle iron and set it to “medium dark” or set cooking time to 6 minutes.
- Whisk the eggs until fluffy (about a minute).
- Add the stock and whisk until blended.
- Add the flour slowly and whisk vigorously (so lumps don’t form).
- Whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Add the olive oil and baking powder and whisk again.
- Finally, add the stuffing, salt & pepper, and fold to combine. Note: if the stuffing could use a bit more seasoning, add a few extra herbs at this point.
- Spoon stuffing mix into the waffle maker and cook according to your waffle iron's manufacturer instructions.
Serve the flavorful waffles as-is, or top with leftover gravy or maple syrup. You can also use the waffles to make a next-level turkey sandwich.