Reporting to the Senior Accountant, the Junior Accountant will help to create efficient, accurate, and scalable processes that enable better decisions through excellent insights, governance, and compliance. You are a strong team player and an excellent communicator who knows how to get things done. You conduct yourself with the highest level of integrity. We are a private company that operates like a public company building a solid foundation. We have big growth plans, and as the Junior Accountant, you have the energy and drive to help us build the foundation.
The Role Will
- Assist with the preparation of a monthly reporting package that includes actual vs budget income statement, balance sheet, operational reports, and commentary on business results.
- Reconcile subsidiary bank accounts by gathering and balancing information.
- Assist with the monthly close process, working cross-functionally with other teams to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
- Assist with the preparation of month end journal entries and their respective working papers.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly SG&A budget-to-actual reporting package with transaction detail for distribution to department leaders.
- Assist with the creation of formal accounting policies, processes and controls.
- Assist with the preparation of corporate income tax and sale tax compliance to ensure accurate and timely reporting of all returns.
- Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable processes.
- Assist with General Accounting tasks for subsidiaries as required.
- Assist with administration duties.
- Other related duties and tasks as assigned, including special projects as they arise.
- Have a degree in Accounting or Finance or 2+ years with relevant experience.
- Are looking for growth and are interested in learning multiple functions within finance.
- Are adaptable and thrive under a constantly changing environment.
- Are self-motivated and enjoy working in a team environment.
- Share our passion for transforming our world through food with your “everything is possible” attitude.
- Have a strong attention to detail and operate effortlessly in a highly dynamic environment.
- Have strong analytical skills and experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, and the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Having experience with NetSuite would be considered an asset.
- Are able to handle confidential information professionally and in an ethical manner.