JUNIOR STAFF ACCOUNTANT
Reporting to the Senior Accountant, the Junior Staff Accountant will help to shape and maintain processes that enable better decisions through excellent insights, smooth business processes, and compliance. You are a strong team player and an excellent communicator who knows how to get things done. You conduct yourself with the highest level of integrity. We are a Seattle based subsidiary of a Vancouver based (Head Office) company. We are a private company that operates like a public company building a solid foundation. We have big growth plans, and as the Junior Staff Accountant, you have the energy and drive to help us build the foundation.
Note: This role is based out of Burien, WA
The Role Will
- Reconcile subsidiary bank accounts by gathering and balancing information.
- Assist with the monthly close process, working cross-functionally with other teams to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
- Assist with the preparation of month end journal entries and their respective working papers.
- Assist with the preparation of a monthly reporting package that includes actual vs budget income statement, balance sheet, operational reports, and commentary on business results.
- Assist in developing and completing cost accounting analysis and inventory management processes.
- Assist with the creation of formal accounting policies, processes and controls.
- Assist with invoice creation and accounts receivable collections.
- Assist with the preparation of corporate income tax and sale tax compliance to ensure accurate and timely reporting of all returns.
- Develop and maintain an efficient filing system.
- Assist with administration duties on occasion.
- Other related duties and tasks as assigned, including special projects as they arise.
- Have a degree in Accounting or Finance or experience in a similar role
- Are looking for growth and are interested in learning multiple functions within finance.
- Are adaptable and thrive under a constantly changing environment.
- Are self-motivated and enjoy working in a team environment.
- Share our passion for transforming our world through food with your “everything is possible” attitude.
- Have a strong attention to detail and operate effortlessly in a highly dynamic environment.
- Have strong analytical skills and experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, and the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Having experience with NetSuite would be considered an asset.
- Are able to handle confidential information professionally and in an ethical manner.
- Any accounting related experience would be beneficial