Luvo is a small brand with big ambitions. We are on a mission to change lives through nutrition by creating solutions that allow people to eat nutritiously without compromising on convenience or taste. We have big things ahead in 2019 and beyond and are looking for hungry, ambitious talent to join our growing team. Headquartered in Vancouver, BC, this role will work with the Luvo team in Vancouver and remote as well as our recent partner brand located in Seattle. This role will report directly to the Brand Manager.
You are passionate about building brands that connect consumers to products they need. You have the technical skills and competencies to trouble shoot issues and create what you envision. You are an entrepreneurial, self-starter who thrives in an environment where you can help shape the brand. You thrive in a place where you have to collaborate cross-functionally to drive success.
The Product Launch Specialist will work closely with cross-functional teams to manage the product development process from concept to market launch. On their way to a PMP or a similar designation, responsibilities for the role include determining project deliverables, creating a scope of work, developing a workback schedule, tracking metrics as they relate to project deliverables, facilitating meetings, and seeing the product launch process through completion. Projects can extend on occasion to other areas of the business (ie. events etc).
By Day, YOU will …
- Work with the brand manager and new product development team to outline project deliverables
- Develop all-encompassing project scopes to determine internal and external resources required to execute development plans
- Create a process and the appropriate templates required to document and manage projects
- Build out and lead product development workback calendars
- Manage the overarching product innovation plan
- Attend weekly meetings with multiple working groups as they relate to the product development process
- Run weekly cross-functional product launch status meetings
- Formally communicate project status and document outcomes and actions after all meetings
- Manage the daily communication flow between internal and external departments as it relates to the development process and launch plan
- Identify and appropriately communicate project risks and opportunities
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
- Assess the outcomes of the project and provide documentation for continuous improvement and best practices
- Share our vision for transforming our world through food with your “everything is possible” attitude
- Have a passion for food
- Thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment, and are adaptable to change
- Have a knack for finding many different solutions to the same problem
- Are detail-oriented and can manage many different projects simultaneously with ease
- Have excellent knowledge of project management tools and documentation (e.g. project scope of work, workback calendars, communication plans, RACI chart)
- Are calm under pressure and are effective at rallying teams
- Can juggle many projects and priorities at the same time and are solutions oriented
- Are a strong communicator and relationship builder who can effectively manage the needs of many different stakeholders
- Are an experienced project manager with 2+ years of experience
- Have a business or related diploma or degree; or equivalent work experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is an asset
- Fluent in English, written and verbal, and the ability to communicate across teams and organizational roles
About working at Luvo
Luvo is a casual and fun work environment – we thrive on team collaboration, dad jokes, and Trader Joe snacks. We take part in occasional team building activities and are all partners in creating the environment we want to work in. We are passionate about our brand’s mission and appreciate each team member who is contributing to this journey with us. Plus, there’s always a fully stocked freezer of Luvo at our disposal for lunch.