Reporting to the Eat Local Brand Manager, the Registered Dietitian will support the development of new products and ensure LUVO’s nutritional standards are met. The successful candidate will utilize and maintain processes that enable better decisions through excellent insights, governance, and compliance. You will also work in the retail stores and assist in the development of nutrition curriculum to train staff and support customers directly and through pieces in our monthly news magazine. You are a strong team player and an excellent communicator who knows how to get things done. You conduct yourself with the highest level of integrity. LUVO and Eat Local are partner brands in this fast-growing food company with a focus on nutrition. We have big growth plans, and as the Registered Dietitian, you have the energy and drive to help us build the foundation.
The Role Will
- Assist the NPD team with advice and insights on leading nutrition standards during the product development cycle
- Documentation of finished product nutrition specifications.
- Assist with ingredient specification and formulation control.
- Work with the team to ensure ingredients are fully captured using online data programs.
- Assist with the accurate recording and tracking of finished product nutritional data.
- Prepare and document competitive product reviews.
- Prepare and present ongoing quality evaluations of finished product.
- Aid in general research for our digital and media teams and monthly newsletter.
- Assist with administration duties on occasion.
- Develop curriculum for store staff education
- Work directly in our retail stores with consumers
- Other related duties and tasks as assigned, including special projects as they arise.
- Must have an accredited degree in the field of Food Science, Dietetics, or Nutrition.
- Are looking for growth and are interested in learning multiple functions within New Product Development.
- Are adaptable and thrive under a constantly changing environment.
- Are self-motivated and enjoy working in a team environment.
- Share our passion for transforming our world through food with your “everything is possible” attitude.
- Have a strong attention to detail and operate effortlessly in a highly dynamic environment.
- Have strong analytical skills and experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, and the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Having experience with Genesis would be considered an asset.
- Able to handle confidential information professionally and in an ethical manner.